Monday, April 21, 2008

A New Earth

Along with millions of people around the world, I am reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and taking a 10 week online course through Oprah’s collaboration with Eckhart.

Since I started, I have been sharing and recommending the book to everyone I know. I truly believe this book has the power to change humanity and transform the way we are living today and bring about a new way of relating to people, the world and how we choose to live day to day. Outwardly life doesn’t really look that different for me. Inwardly, I feel a whole universe has shifted.

Some self-observations from the past few weeks:
my lack of focus – It is hard for me to do something from start to finish. My attention gets drawn to a thought, a noise, a word and then my mind starts following whatever that was and my attention fractures and I loose focus on the task at hand.
shallow breathing
hurry sickness - I am constantly in a hurry and barely present in the moment
seeing a lot more beauty around me – in people, in the familiar
flooded by inspiration – for color, art, creativity, design, words, poetry
a happy desire to work with my hands and create things – paint, draw, collage
a longing for silence or at the very least less noise
giving up resistance on things like housework and even enjoying doing it
more loving and connected to people, friends and family
things seem to flow with incredible ease
fleeting moments of awareness of the stream of thoughts that goes through my mind all the time

The idea that millions of people are also undergoing similar shifts in consciousness is so exciting! In the last 7 weeks, I have often wondered what is the collective impact of so many people awakening at the same time and what is the tipping point for the collective consciousness of humanity to raise?

I just feel such joy to see technology and fame being brought to use in such an enriching and generous way. : )

No comments: