Saturday, April 12, 2008

Too much stuff

My shoulder is throbbing a little from hauling around a handbag that’s too heavy.
What I crammed in my bag today:




(Wallet and keys, Moleskin Diary, The Culture Code by Clotaire Rapaille, A small spiral bound which is a bag staple, my fashion mag scrapbook, gym gear sans shoes, Iphone (which was used to take this pic), spare headphone and adaptor, tissues, make-up bag, pens, crystal pouch with 4 crystals in it (the red velvet pouch in the pic), tear sheet from magazine which i took out during the day.

I switched from a huge bottomless bag to a much smaller one a few months ago to lighten the load, literally and metaphorically. I always have too much stuff, on me, around me, buying, collecting, hoarding, saving it for the elusive someday.

This is a picture of my old office many years ago.

I am now purging emotionally, physically thing anything that no longer serves to add quality or beauty to my life. I have received a lot of inspiration and support from a few sources online: check out unclutterer, Peter Walsh Design, oprah (where I discovered Peter Walsh). Itunes store also has some podcasts on organising which was pretty good. I also youtube-d "clutter and organise" got a few vids but i think Peter's show clips on Oprah.com is probably the best and easiest to follow.

I am really enjoying the lightness space creates. I am tear sheeting what feels like a million Lucky Magazine and home decor magazine. I scrapbook what i like, find inspiring, beautiful, whimsical and scrapbooking it is like creating a big juicy mag i can flick through over and over again with only the best bits.

No comments: